Have a question? We’ve got answers.
Pangara is unique in many ways. First, all of our developers have passed our rigorous 4-step qualification process. They belong to a very selective network in Vietnam.
Secondly we offer support from local teams, meaning that support is simply a click or a quick call away.
To top it off, we offer top developers at truly affordable rates.
At the core of our platform is our 4-step qualification process. We test:
- Cognitive abilities
- English skills
- Technical skills
- Communication skills
- Work ethic and motivation
All to ensure you will only work with the best of what the market has to offer!
We’ll always offer you a 14-day trial with 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If you’re not happy with the work conducted by the developer, we can either find you a new one or you don’t have to pay.
We are that confident in our developers’ quality.
You, as the client, own all legal rights to everything created by our developers.
When all of our Pangara developers are qualified and added to our network, they sign a general NDA as well as an agreement with clauses covering IPR.
You as a client can also provide your own specific NDA, if you wish. But rest assured, your IP is 100% safe with us.
How It Works
Pangara should be your first choice. We’re aware that it’s hard to know exactly what technical skills a developer is supposed to have, how long the assignment might take, etc.
Therefore, our experienced staff assists you to ensure your project specification is well crafted. This is just as important for us as it is for you.
Next, we’ll start looking for the perfect candidate and present you with viable options.
If you need any help along the way, we’re there.
We always strive to have a strong number of skilled developers available to start on an assignment with short notice.
In most cases, you should expect to receive the first round of candidates within a few working days. If you work with niche programming languages, it may take a bit longer.
But we’ll always keep you in the loop so you are aware of the status.
Sure, give us a call!
We appreciate having clear communication with our clients. This is how we want to work.
All of our founders have built successful companies before, and our experience speaks to the concept that constant client interaction is one of the major keys to success.
Feel free to stop by if you are in Malmö, Stockholm (Sweden) or Saigon (Vietnam).
We have great coffee (especially in Vietnam)!
You pay for the hours your developer works. Nothing else. After you sign a contract, we might ask for a partial upfront payment.
All our clients are vetted before starting a contract, and during this vetting process we also determine whether or not an upfront payment is required.
We always try to give you the opportunity to receive, review and interview more than one candidate per assignment. And you, only you, have the final say in whom you choose to contract.
Given this, we are aware that things don’t always end up the way they are planned.
If something happens during the length of the assignment, we are here to assist you and help you find a new developer for you to reach your project goals.
Poor English skills are not an issue with Pangara.
We test all of our developers on their English skills before join our network.
This means that they can speak and write English well.
In short, you won’t have any problems communicating with our developers!
At the moment we are only contracting developers in Vietnam due to the high level of English, technical skills, and the vast numbers of developers available.
In the future, developers from other geographical areas will be available as well.
All Pangara developers have a computer, a strong Internet connection and a Skype account.
If you wish to use other tools, it is completely up to you. Our developers will adapt to your needs and requirements.
We invoice you in the beginning of the month based on the time reports, and the payment terms are 30 days net.
All prices are in USD. Currently, you will submit the payment via bank transfer or PayPal, or via Bankgiro if you are located in Sweden.
We plan to offer more payment options in the near future!
We give you the opportunity to review the time report from the developer before we send you the final invoice.
You will always have the opportunity to confirm the information before payment is processed.
If something looks strange on the time report, please contact us ASAP and we will take the necessary steps to correct the information.
Couldn’t find your answer here? Use this form or send us an email.
There are no cancellation fees on our contracts. All contracts have a 10 day notice period,
Pangara helps passionate clients match with the skilled developers.
As a developer, we first ask you to go through a qualification process to join Pangara. Once you’re in, you will gain access to our clients’ job postings and we will proactively help you to find work.
When you’re on an assignment, we’ll help you with time reporting and invoicing so you can do what you do best.
Payment will be processed via PayPal.
Once the job is completed, your efforts will be evaluated. You will be able to add those evaluations to your profile in order to strengthen your profile.
The main differences are:
- Pangara is only for top developers. By joining Pangara, you are in a very strong position with our clients because they know that we only contract the best of the best. This increases your chances of working with the most interesting assignments and clients.
- Pangara has a strong local presence, both in Vietnam and in each of our client’s geographical locations. This allows Pangara to offer you strong support and understanding throughout the whole process.
- We pay very competitive rates.
By joining Pangara, you will have the opportunity to build a long lasting and high quality freelance brand.
Once a client posts a job, our Talent Specialists will search for suitable candidates. If you are deemed to be a good candidate, our team will contact you.
Should you be interested in taking on the assignment, you will have a final interview with the client to determine if it’s a mutually good fit.
Yes, we do. When we meet our clients or when they register at Pangara, we always verify their financial standing and ensure they have all necessary documentation in place.
In the selection process we are mainly looking for a combination of technical skills and attitude. Here are some pointers you should follow in order to maximize your chances of getting a job:
- Say yes only to jobs that motivates you. This is the key to achieving top results for the client.
- Make sure your professional profile is updated.
- Be honest when describing yourself and your skills in the professional profile.
- Put effort into describing yourself in your CV. Make your background and experience stand out.
- Ensure that it is clear why you are the best candidate for the type of jobs you’re applying for.
With Pangara, you:
- Join an exclusive network that will make your CV stand out from the rest.
- Are welcome to join big and small events hosted by Pangara.
- Get the chance to gain feedback and learn from your assignments and experiences.
If you join Pangara, you’re truly part of an exclusive club!
No. At the moment we only hire freelancers from Vietnam. However, that might change in the near future!
Becoming a Pangara Developer
The qualification process ensures that you, as a Pangara developer, belong to the very best network of freelance developers. Being a Pangara developer is exclusive, protected by our unique qualification process.
Here’s how it works:
- First, sign up and upload your CV so we can review your profile.
- Next, you will perform a logical test that measures your ability to handle complex tasks.
- As a third step, we’ll interview you to evaluate your English skills and work ethic.
- The fourth and final step is a technical challenge done in Codility. Here, you’ll be tested on your hard technical skills.
If you pass all of these tests we’d like to officially welcome you to Pangara! Congratulations, you’re in!
Of course! We believe that everyone improves over time. If you don’t pass your first time around, you are more than welcome to apply again in three months.
A cognitive test, or a GMA test, is a well-known and established way to see how well a person can handle intricate tasks in a complex working environment (such as working for our clients).
Examples of complex tasks include:
- Working with software development.
- Working remotely from the client.
- Using another language other than your native tongue.
Nope! There are no fees for applying to Pangara, going through the qualification process or joining the network. All you can expect is getting paid.
The qualification process is designed to find the top notch developers. So yes, it is difficult to pass.
In summary, you need strong hard skills (such as software development) and high English competency, as well as proper motivation and attitude.
Your brand as a Pangara developer will continuously evolve. Once you have been contracted and worked for our clients, they will evaluate your efforts and you will be able to showcase these results on your profile. You can decide which evaluations you’d like on your profile.
It’s important that you keep your CV up-to-date. This is a main source for us to show the clients your expertise and skills.
- Make sure that your CV is updated.
- Be honest when describing yourself and your skills.
- Make sure it’s clear why you are the best candidate for the type of jobs you want.
- Describe only relevant work experience and keep text at a reasonable length.
- Try to focus not only on your knowledge and skills, but also on what drives you and personality. These are very important to the client.
Yes, you will. Once the client has submitted their review, you are free to include their evaluations in your CV to strengthen your brand as a Pangara developer.
During a Project
Most international clients are very open to working remotely and to working with foreign developers. Though there are some key factors for success:
Open and honest communication. Always ask if you don’t understand an aspect of the project and always let the client know if there are any difficulties or risk for delays.
- Take initiative. Clients expect you to be self-driven and to take charge. Let the client know your intention and go for it!
- You are part of our client’s team. This is very important. Use collaborative tools to build on your relationship with the client. Don’t allow yourself to become invisible. Use your tools not only for job related issues but also for social activities. One example is to send a “good morning” message to the team day everyday.
- Quality. Both in work results and work related activities. E.g. be one time for meetings and always be prepared.
Here are some key best practices to follow when you work as a remote developer.
- Communication. Always be very clear about what you expect of the client and how you have understood your tasks. Keep the client and other team members informed of what you are doing and if you encounter any problems.
- Go the extra mile. Making an extra effort in your tasks is both expected and highly appreciated. The client will not only love this, but you will get great references and hopefully even more work via Pangara!
- Create a positive working environment. This is especially relevant if you work from home. It’s important to have an efficient and productive working environment so you get into a proper mindset to remain focused on your daily tasks and goals.
- Be clear and concise. Most of your communication will be through text, so try to be direct in your writing and liberal in the use emoticons.
It is always the client who owns the IPR. Any exceptions must be in a written understanding between the client and the developer.
Yes! You will always receive support and help from us during an assignment for a client. Examples of support can be time reporting, payment, and to provide guidance if there should be any misunderstandings.
With that being said, please keep in mind that the client is your project leader for the specific assignment you are working on.
Of course, it is never good to abort an ongoing job. But sometimes things happen that are out of our control. We highly recommend that you never abort a job in favor of another job. This will hurt your brand significantly.
If you need to abort an ongoing job, inform both the client and Pangara support immediately. Since you are working on important projects, we will need to find a solution that limits the harm as soon as possible.
Contract & Payment
Pangara uses PayPal, a well renowned global payment service to pay our developers. This means that you must open a PayPal account to receive payments from Pangara.
You can find more information on PayPal’s home page.
When you are working for a client through Pangara, you will report the hours that you have worked upon the completion of your project. After that, Pangara will create an invoice based on your hours and/or expenses and send it to you. Once you and the client approve your time report, we will invoice the client.
As soon as the client has paid, we will immediately transfer the payment to your PayPal account.
We will invoice the client at the beginning of each a month. In order for you to receive your payment you need to submit your time report on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd (at the latest) each month.
It may take up to 35 days from the moment your time report is submitted until the money is transferred into your account.
We will pay you once a month based on your time report. We have a 30-day payment period with our clients. The additional five days are for us to hold the invoice from the moment you submit it to us and the moment we send it to the client to avoid any room for error.
Once we receive our payment from the client we will immediately pay out the corresponding amount to your PayPal account.
During your project, you will keep track of your hours by using a template. The hours you report will be used as a guideline for the monthly invoice that is sent to the client.
When you and the client have agreed on a project, you will have a two-way-contract structure with Pangara as the middleman. You will be contracted by Pangara and Pangara will sign a separate contract with the client. The contract is based on a well-known standard contract for freelancing businesses. We are always transparent about everything that happens between the client and you as the developer.